CPTN Certification Programs
CPTN is proud of its comprehensive certification programs. Working with a dedicated group of professionals from across Canada, the mission statement of the program reflects the goals of the CPTN Certification Committee: To develop a comprehensive national and international certification which sets standards of excellence to ensure safe and effective training sessions and to reflect the needs and changes within the fitness and lifestyle industry.
- CPTN Certified Older Adult Training Specialist (CPTN-COATS)
- CPTN Certified Personal Trainer (CPTN-CPT)
- CPTN Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist (CPTN-PRCS)
- CPTN Certified Yoga Specialist (CPTN-CYS)
- CPTN Group Fitness Leader (CPTN-CGFL)
Becoming a CPTN Certified Trainer include:
- Access to Sport Insurance from other bodies
- National recognition of commitment to the highest standards of excellence
- Listed on CPTN's web site as a Personal Trainer referral
- Earn CECs with professional Distance Education Courses
- Eligible to join CPTN's leadership team of Practical Assessors, Course Conductors and Mentors
- Able to start own business as a Personal Trainer
Certification Renewal for Existing Trainers
Your CPTN Certification status is due for renewal each year or every two years. You require 7 CECs to renew for 1 year or 14 CECs to renew for 2 years. One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC.
CPTN Award of Merit
The CPTN Award of Merit was developed to recognize the excellent contributions of CPTN Certified Personal Trainers (CPTN-CPT) with a new designation: CPTN-CPT.M. Submissions can be made throughout the year and the new CPTN-CPT.M. designations will be announced at the annual CPTN Conference.