Adaptive Fitness for Professionals
This six hour home study course is designed to teach personal trainers and fitness professionals looking to increase their client base to perform proper evaluations on clients with different impairments. It also teaches program design, proper safety precautions and much more.
You will learn the the following topics:
- Goal setting
- Disability classifications
- Associated and non-associated afflictions
- Older adults
- Visual Impairments
- Muscular Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Injuries/Abnormalities
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Interventions and emergency procedures
Take Home Testing Information
To successfully obtain the AFP certification, you must achieve a passing grade of 75% on the final examination.
- View the Distance Education table to register for the course.