The Business of Personal Training: Start Successfully
In this self-study course you will learn what it takes to build a full personal training practice and run an efficient, successful business.
- Review the advantages and disadvantages of working in a gym, corporate and private setting;
- Explain the accounting and taxation considerations;
- Identify time management, organization skills and filing ideas for your business;
- Evaluate future trends and opportunities that will exist in the future; and
- Describe how to build your business vision.
The materials for this course include:
- a 45–page downloadable manual with case studies and learning exercises.
- Business Strategies for Personal Training, S.L. Lee, S.R.K. Persad, Canadian Personal Trainers Network (CPTN), Toronto, 2003.
After purchasing the course you will receive log-in information that will provide you access to the 45–page downloadable manual. A copy of Business Strategies for Personal Training will be mailed to you via Canada Post. An online quiz must be completed and a grade of 80% or higher achieved in order to complete the course and earn continuing education credits.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Personal Trainers
- Chapter 2: Liability Prevention
- Chapter 3: Business Set Up
- Chapter 4: Where to Work
- Chapter 5: Sound Business Structure
Fee (HST included): CPTN Member $84.00 CAD / Non-Member $115.5 CAD
CPTN CECs: 4.0
Note: Course requires completion Start Successfully Quiz located on the Examinations page of our web site to earn CECs. Fee: $26.00 member; $28.50 non-member. Grade of 80% or higher required for a passing mark.
- View the Distance Education table to register for the course.