Distance education courses provide an in-home solution to earning a certification. For re-certification as a CPTN-CPT, Trainers can earn all their Continuing Education Credits (CECs) to meet the requirements through Distance Education.
|Courses||Member Price||Non-Member Price||CEC||Register|
|A Course In Breathing||$120.00 CAD||$150.00 CAD||CPTN-7||Register|
|Adaptive Fitness for Professionals||$75.00 CAD||$150.00 CAD||CPTN-6||Register|
|Business of Personal Training: Start Successfully||$84.00 CAD||$115.50 CAD||CPTN-4||Register|
|Double the Effectiveness of Your Bodyweight Training||$120.00 CAD||$150.00 CAD||CPTN-7||Register|
|Ground Based Abs||$65.00 CAD||$65.00 CAD||CPTN-4||Register|
|Olympic Weightlifting||$180.32 CAD||$180.32 CAD||CPTN-14||Register|
Note: Please read the requirements and the pre-requisites for the courses before registering.
Other CPTN Pre-Approved Distance Education Providers
CECs earned through these CPTN pre-approved providers can be used towards certification renewal.
American Academy of Health and Fitness
- Cancer and the Older Adult™ - 7 CPTN CECs
- Developing Agility and Quickness for Sport Performance™ - 7 CPTN CECs
- Exercise Management of Chronic Diseases and Disabilities for All Ages™ - 7 CPTN CECs
- Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription for All Ages – 14 CPTN CECs
- JrFit™: The Personal Trainer's Resource for Youth Fitness – 14 CPTN CECs
- Nutrition for Special Dietary Needs™ - 7 CPTN CECs
- SrFit™: The Personal Trainer's Resource for Senior Fitness – 14 CPTN CECs
Fitness Kickboxing Canada
- Fitness Kickboxing for the Personal Trainer – Module 1 Home Study – 4 CPTN CECs
- Fitness Boxing for the Personal Trainer – Module 1 Home Study – 4 CPTN CECs
View the Fitness Kickboxing Canada courses.
- Over 19 courses on various topics available
Note: Only certificates of completion exhibiting the CPTN CEC value earned from completion of Human Kinetics courses will be accepted. If your certificate does not list your CPTN CEC value, please contact Human Kinetics directly to receive the proper documentation.
View the Human Kinetics courses.
- Certificate in Exercise Nutrition – 14 CPTN CECs
PT on the Net
- Client Assessment, Biomechanics and Metabolism – 2 CPTN CECs
- Flexibility Training – 2 CPTN CECs
- Macronutrients and Exercise – 2 CPTN CECs
- Non-traditional Strength Training – 2 CPTN CECs
- Lower Extremity Injury 2 CPTN CECs
- Practical Applications of Explosive Lifting and Advanced Strength Training – 2 CPTN CECs
- Principles of Movement Based Training - 2 CPTN CECs
View the PT on the Net courses.