CPTN has worked with a dedicated group of professionals whose aim was to develop comprehensive national and international recognized certifications which set standards of excellence in ensuring safe and effective training as well as to service the needs and changes within the fitness profession.
- CPTN Certified Functional Aging Specialist (CPTN-CFAS)
- CPTN Certified Fascial Posture Training Specialist (CPTN-CFPTS)
- CPTN Certified Group Fitness Leader (CPTN-CGFL)
- CPTN Certified Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist (CPTN-CPRCS)
- CPTN Certified Yoga Specialist (CPTN-CYS)
Specialist Programs in Partnership With CPTN
- FAI - Functional Aging Group Exercise Specialist (FAI-FAGES)
- IYCA Youth Fitness Specialist Level 1 (IYCA-YFS L1)
- IYCA Youth Fitness Specialist Level 2 (IYCA-YFS L2)
- NASE Speed and Explosion Specialist Level 1 (NASE-SES L1)
- NASE Speed and Explosion Specialist Level 2 (NASE-SES L2)
- YTS - FPM Barbell Training Specialist (YTS-BTS)
- YTS - FPM Bodyweight Training Specialist (YTS-BWTS)
- YTS - FPM Mind-Body Specialist (YTS-MBS)
Personal Trainer Certification Transfer to CPTN-CPT
You might be eligible to transfer an existing CPT certification from another organization to become a CPTN-CPT. Your certification status should be current or no more than 6 months overdue. You will be required to provide documentation.
- CPTN-CPT Transfer Application Form (PDF, 90KB)
Certification Renewal for CPTN Trainers
To maintain your CPTN certification status, you are required to renew each year or every 2 years. Renewal requires 7 CECs to renew for one year or 14 CECs to renew for two years. You are also required to submit updated First Aid and CPR Level C certifications. Courses which are not CPTN approved must be Petitioned for screening and can earn a maximum of 7 CECs. One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC up to a maximum of 7 CECs per petition.
- Certification Renewal Online Form
- Certification Renewal Form (PDF, 41KB)
- First Aid and CPR/AED Level C
Certification Renewal for Trainers 6 Months Overdue
Trainers exceeding the 6 months overdue expiration period are asked to contact Education Services.
Documentation Requirements for the Certification process
We will require scanned or digital copies of proof of First Aid and CPR certificates and valid photo identification when indicated during the certification process. Information submitted will be reviewed and progression status will be updated.
Liability Insurance Coverage
Due to the varied nature of the positions and skills sets of our certified trainers, Liability Insurance is not included with CPTN certifications. However, all CPTN certifications have been preapproved through our vetted Insurance Providers.
CPTN Award of Merit
The CPTN Award of Merit was developed to recognize the excellent contributions of CPTN Certified Personal Trainers (CPTN-CPT) in the areas of advance certification, professional development of trainers, community involvement, athletic accomplishments and media recognition. Recognized trainers are awarded the designation: CPTN-CPT.M. Submissions can be made throughout the year and the new designations will be announced at the annual CPTN Conference.