The Art and Science of Personal Training - Virtual Classroom
Important: Please read the CPTN-CPT Getting Started Guidelines to learn about its relationship to this virtual class.
The Art and Science of Personal Training workshop is designed for those interested in becoming a Personal Trainer but not sure where to start or candidates who have what it takes to be a good trainer but lack the science-based education behind the training techniques.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Health Screening
- Exercise Physiology
- Communication & Consulting Skills
- Disability & Personal Training
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Resistance Training
- Legal Liability
- Program Design
Note: Participants are expected to have read a portion of the manual before the start of the first virtual class.
- Biel, A. R. (2019). Trail Guide to the Body: A Hands-on Guide to Locating Muscles, Bones and More (6th Edition). Books of Discovery
- Notebooks, pen, pencil, paper, etc…
- Tablet/Laptop, Broadband Internet Connection
- Zoom Client Softare
- View the Workshop Schedule for available workshops.