Group Fitness Leader Certification for Personal Trainers
CPTN Certified Group Fitness Leader candidates must:
- Be an adult age 18 or older.
- Hold an active Certified Personal Trainer distinction.
- Hold current Adult CPR Level C and minimum of Emergency First Aid certifications.
The CPTN Group Fitness Leader for personal trainers begins with a 2-day workshop designed for personal trainers to transfer their skills to a unique, large group setting, where they will be able to plan, teach and organize groups in a structured environment, for example, teaching in a gym, studio, or weight room.
Future Fitness Leaders Will:
- Develop strong teaching skills in teaching bootcamp, Tabata/HIIT, circuit training, total muscle conditioning and Hi/Lo choreographed class.
- Learn verbal/non verbal communications.
- Understand musicality (i.e. cueing to different types of music, tempo and applying music that is appropriate for the different teaching modalities listed above).
- Practice cueing to phrases and appropriate directional changes.
- Design phrased combinations.
- Create, build and break down choreography.
- Learn how to motivate participants by adopting different methods of teaching.
- CPTN, (2020). CPTN Group Fitness Leadership (3rd Edition) Manual. CPTN Inc.
- Passing Grade: Theory Exam – 75% / Practical Exam – 75%
- View Workshop Schedule for available workshops.