CPTN Certified Personal Trainer
This area will focus on the muscular and skeletal systems.
Areas to be covered:
- Muscle origin
- Muscle function
- Tendons & ligaments
- Joints Muscle contraction dynamics
- To know the location of muscles, tendons and ligaments
- To understand the terminology for joint actions e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, circumduction, rotation
- To identify and locate the different types of joints
- To apply the terms isometric, isotonic, eccentric, concentric.
- Behnke, R. S. (2012). Kinetic Anatomy (3rd Edition). Human Kinetics.
- Delavier, F. (2001). Strength Training Anatomy. Human Kinetics.
- Delavier, F. (2003). Women’s Strength Training Anatomy. Human Kinetics.
- Thompson, J. S. (1991). Core Anatomy (2nd Edition). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.