CPTN Certified Personal Trainer
This topic area will cover the principles of force and levers as they apply to human movement.
Areas to be covered:
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Force Velocity Relationships
- Torque & Drag
- To apply the laws of motion e.g. inertia, acceleration, reaction
- To understand force production relative to muscle length and position of muscle attachment
- To understand the factors which influence efficiency of movement shape, speed and smoothness To understand lever lengths relative to rotation and force production.
- Hay, J. G. (1983). The Biomechanics of Sports Techniques (4th Edition). Prentice Hall Inc.
- Hall, S. J. (2006). Basic Biomechanics (5th Edition). McGraw-Hill.