CPTN Certified Personal Trainer
Health Screenings & Health Conditions
Health conditions are chronic or acute conditions which may adversely affect strength, vitality, alertness or performance.
Areas to be covered:
- Use of the PAR-Q and PAR-X
- Health conditions considered: diabetes,convulsive disorders, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cardiovascular disease, pre and post natal, ageing, colds & flu, chronic back pain, arthritis, osteoporosis, hypertension and obesity.
- To understand the administration of the PAR-Q and PAR-X
- To define each health condition
- To understand contributing risk factors, exercise modifications and inappropriate exercise for each health condition.
- American College of Sportsmedicine (2005). Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription (5th Edition), Wolters Kluwer.
- Durstine, J. L. & Moore, G. E. (2002). ACSM’s Exercise Management for Persons with Chronic Diseases and Disabilities. Human Kinetics.