CPTN Certified Personal Trainer
This topic area will focus on the assessment, prevention and treatment of various sports injuries.
Areas to be covered:
- Injury prevention
- Signs and symptoms of injuries
- Biochemistry of injury
- Injury identification
- Risk factors
- To understand the factors and mechanisms which contribute to musculoskeletal injuries
- To understand the role of rest, ice, compression and elevation
- To understand terms including delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), inflammation, tendonitis, bursitis, sprain and strain
- Roy, S. & Irvin, R. (1996). Sportsmedicine Prevention, Evaluation, Management and Rehabilitation. Prentice Hall Inc.
- Levy, A. & Fuerst, M. (1993). Sports Injury Handbook, John Wiley & Sons Inc.