CPTN Certified Personal Trainer
Areas to be covered:
- Exercise intensity
- Body composition
- To apply the methods for monitoring exercise intensity
- Karvonen formula, METS, rating of perceived exertion
- Girth measurements, skinfolds, percent body fat
- To understand PNF, static and ballistic stretching
- To understand recovery times between, during and after workouts
- ACSM (1995). Guidelines for Exercise Testing & Prescription (5th Edition). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Fleck, S. & Kraemer, W. (2004). Designing Resistance Training Programs (3rd Edition). Human Kinetics.