CPTN Certified Yoga Specialist (CPTN-CYS)
Certified Yoga Specialist candidates must:
- Be age 18 or older.
- Hold current Certified Personal Trainer distinction.
- Hold current First Aid certification.
- Hold current Adult-Child-Infant CPR C/AED certification.
- Note: CPTN will honour the renewal period or expiration date listed on cards provided. If an expiration date is not present CPTN will honour the card for one year from the date of completion of the certification.
- Complete the CPTN Yoga Level 1: Basic Yoga Practice workshop.
- Complete the CPTN Yoga Level 2: Advanced Yoga Practice workshop.
- Complete the CPTN Yoga Level 3: Yoga for Athletes and Personal Trainers workshop.
Note: The prerequisites are to be completed before writing the theory exam.
The CPTN Yoga Specialist exam is the final step required to become a CPTN Certified Yoga Specialist. The theory exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions based on the material discussed during the CPTN Yoga courses – Level 1, 2 and 3. The exam is 90 minutes (1.5 hours) in duration. A grade of 75% must be attained to achieve a passing mark.
- Passing Grade: Theory Exam – 75% / Practical Exam – 75%
- You will earn the designation CPTN-CYS.
Exam: 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
Fee (HST included): CPTN Member $150.00 CAD / Non-member $210.00 CAD. Fees include both theory and practical exams.
- View the Examinations page to register for the exam.