Unmasking Superfoods - Online
This six hour online course is designed to teach personal trainers and fitness professionals looking to increase their client base to perform proper evaluations on clients with different impairments. It also teaches program design, proper safety precautions and much more.
- Provide an overview of the myths and realities behind a number of popular and controversial foods, including acai and goji berries, kale, chia, hemp, and coconut
- Highlight the potential benefits of underappreciated superfoods, including cheese, mussels and oysters.
- Discuss controversial topics, including the role of saturated fats in our health
- Unmasking Superfoods (paperback)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Video presentations for Part 1, 2, 3, and 4
After purchasing the course you will be e-mailed the login information that will provide you access to the downloadable PowerPoint and video tutorials. A 25–question multiple-choice quiz on our Examinations page must be completed and a grade of 70% or higher achieved in order to complete the course and earn continuing education credits. Course must be completed within 3 months of purchase date.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Overhyped, Overpriced, or Just Plan Bogus: How industry corrupted the superfood movement
- Chapter 2: Quinoa, I thought I Knew Ya: Superfoods with question marks
- Chapter 3: Smear Campaign: Superfoods with an unfairly bad rap
- Chapter 4: Classics!: Superfoods that still rule
- Chapter 5: Send Me a Hero: Overlooked and underappreciated superfoods
- CPTN CECs: 7.0
- Passing Grade: 70%
- Course must be completed within 3 months of purchase date.
Member Fee: Course Material $120 CAD + HST, Exam $60 CAD + HST
Non-Member Fee: Course Material $120 CAD + HST, Exam $90 CAD + HST
- View the Online Courses page to register for the course.