Group Fitness Leader Certification for Non-Personal Trainers
CPTN Certified Group Fitness Leader candidates must:
- Be an adult age 18 or older.
- Hold current Adult CPR Level C and minimum of Emergency First Aid certifications.
The CPTN Group Fitness Leader distinction for non-personal trainers begins with a 4-day workshop designed for future group leaders. This course provides the skills required to teaching a variety of group fitness classes, whether it is in a large facility studio or in-house boutique small group training.
Future Fitness Leaders Will:
- Develop strong teaching skills in teaching bootcamp, Tabata/HIIT, circuit training, total muscle conditioning and Hi/Lo choreographed class.
- Learn verbal/non verbal communications.
- Understand musicality (i.e. cueing to different types of music, tempo and applying music that is appropriate for the different teaching modalities listed above).
- Practice cueing to phrases and appropriate directional changes.
- Design phrased combinations.
- Create, build and break down choreography.
- Learn how to motivate participants by adopting different methods of teaching.
- CPTN, (2020). CPTN Group Fitness Leadership (3rd Edition) Manual. CPTN Inc.
- Passing Grade: Theory Exam – 75% / Practical Exam – 75%
- View Workshop Schedule for available workshops.