CPTN Group Fitness Leader - On-Demand
The CPTN Group Fitness Leader distinction is designed for future group leaders. This certification course provides the skills required to teach a variety of group fitness classes, whether it is in a large facility studio or in-house botique small group training.
The course materials highlight and discuss the key aspects of the 12 chapters of the CPTN Group Fitness Leadership Certification Manual.
The presentations emphasize questions to empower trainer candidates by leveraging their current knowledge and stimulating their own thinking.
Candidates will study the course materials at their own pace and have access to two tutoring sessions with an instructor.
A 35-question multiple-choice practice exam is included with the course fee. The practice exam provides you with an experiential view of what to expect on the certification exam. The practice exam must be completed and a grade of 75% or higher achieved to earn continuing education credits.
Course candidates have up to 6 months to complete the course materials before losing access.
Upon registering for the course, you will be asked to create a member account using your e-mail address and to set a password on the CPTN Trainer website. This information permits you to access the course materials immediately.
- The CPTN Group Fitness Leadership Certification Manual is included in electronic format.
Note: All course materials will be hosted on the CPTN Trainer website. No further materials will be e-mailed or mailed.
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Exercise and Physiology
- Music, Fundamental Choreography and Cueing
- Cardiorespiratory Training
- Designing Muscle Conditioning
- Modifications for Group Exercise Classes
- Informed Consent Forms
- CPTN Group Fitness Leadership Certification Manual
- Notebooks, pen, pencil, paper, etc…
- Laptop or Desktop computer
- Broadband Internet connection
- CPTN CECs: 14.0
Planning for CPTN-CGFL Certification
Upon completion of the course materials, tutoring sessions, and practice exam, candidates are recommended to pursue the CPTN-CGFL certification distinction by writing the actual CPTN-CGFL Theory Exam within 1-3 weeks of completing the course materials. A grade of 75% or higher on the theory exam advances the candidate to the practical exam. The CPTN-CGFL Practical Exam also requires a grade of 75% or higher in each major component tested.
Note: The cost of the CPTN-CGFL Theory Exam is not included in this course. The CPTN-CGFL Theory Exam fee includes the practical assessment for the first attempt. Additional fees apply for subsequent rewrite attempts.
Terms of Agreement
By registering for this online course:
- I agree not to share my login ID and password.
- I agree that I will have access to the course materials for 6 months and will lose that access at the end of the 6 month time period.
- I agree that I have access to two 30-minute tutoring sessions that will expire 2 months after registering for the course.
- I agree that recording/copying the presentation videos is strictly prohibited under copyright and trademark infringement laws.
- I agree that completion of this course does not equal certification status and that I must complete the CPTN-CGFL Theory Exam and Practical Exam and submit the required documents to earn CPTN certification status.
All sales are final. No refunds will be issued once access to the course content has been issued.
- View the Online Courses page to register for the course.