The Art & Science of Personal Training - Fast Track
Important: Please read the CPTN-CPT Getting Started Guidelines to learn about its relationship to this course.
The CPTN Art & Science of Personal Training Fast Track workshop is specifically developed for the experienced fitness professional or physical education graduate. This 2-day course covers the key elements of anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, program design, resistance training, communications, health conditions and special populations. It covers the essentials required for the theory component of the CPTN Personal Trainer Certification.
- Health Screening
- Exercise Physiology
- Communication & Consulting Skills
- Disability & Personal Training
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Resistance Training
- Legal Liability
- Program Design
Note: The manual is mailed out prior to start of the workshop and it is also provided with non-member registration.
- Biel, A. R. (2019). Trail Guide to the Body: A Hands-on Guide to Locating Muscles, Bones and More (6th Edition). Books of Discovery
- Notebooks, pen, pencil, paper, etc…
Note: Participants do not require First Aid or CPR training to attend this workshop. Candidates pursuing the CPTN-CPT certification are required to obtain current First Aid and CPR certification before their certificates can be issued.
- View the Workshop Schedule for available workshops.